Dana's Show

Sunday, September 23, 2007

COLLEGE!!






Some people keep telling me to update my blog so here ya go. I've been having a blast here at BYU. I went to Freshman Orientation and was in my Freshman Academy group throughout the entire thing. It was so good because I met lots of people. I met this girl named Anne from my Freshman Academy group and she is roommates with my roommate's friend from back home. My roommate is Jessica Parker and she couldn't be more amazing. We get along so well and we definitely relate to each other. She has four really close friends here and one in Salt Lake doing the Extension program there. I hang out with them sometimes but I also do stuff with the girls on my floor. I haven't been doing so great on excersizing and those vending machines have been very tempting...so I've decided to set a few guidelines. (Like I can't have three ice cream cones from the canon center in one day like I did a few days ago.) I've been pretty tired lately cause sleep hasn't been high up there on my priority list. I'm thinking I might be a little lactose intolerant because I've been having a lot of dairly lately and I didn't feel very well last night. It was a good thing though because I finally sat down by myself and understood my biology and american heritage reading. I've been doing fairly well in most of my classes but I'm still trying to make sure I set time aside for each of my classes. It is tricky trying to fit everything in. I am on the Activities Committee for my ward so if you have any ideas for ward activities that you think would be inexpensive and fun please let me know. I guess we don't really have a large budget. I still don't understand how to outline these blogs but I'll try to attatch some pictures.

These are some friends of mine from my floor. We are at the Legends grill which is amazing! So far I've tried the pizza, sandwich, burger, and cookie. In order from left to right is Kim (from Ohio), Rachel, Carla, me, and Diana. My floor gets along extremely well and we do tons together.




This is what my RA put on my door for my birthday. I didn't want to tell anyone cause I thought that would be weird but after this, of course everyone new. It was a really fun day.





4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Dana you made my week! The pictures were especially welcome, since I had heard most of the dialogue through talking to you. You sound like you are having a great time--enjoy it all!

September 24, 2007 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Bren said...

Sounds like you're having a good time! Elise has book group right now, so I am banished to the bedroom. You better keep up with the running! Someday there will be a Dixon Family 5k.

September 26, 2007 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Sounds like you two have been running...even doing 5k races. You'll be proud that i've run the past three consecutive days so I'll be ready for the Dixon Family 5k.

September 26, 2007 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger Elise said...

Dana! I loved reading the update, keep it up, it's like living the college life all over again through you! So fun!

September 27, 2007 at 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home